Certified Pool/Spa Operator® Training
The Pool and Hot Tub Alliance (formerly NSPF) offers this extensive two-day pool operator certification program. Upon successful completion you will receive certification and registration as a Pool/Spa Operator valid for five years.
- What is the CPO?
- What is the difference between the 2-Day Classroom Course, and the 1-Day Fusion Training?
- Who should attend this course?
- Why should you be certified?
- What is our experience?
What is the CPO?
The CPO is recognized nationwide as the leading standard of the swimming pool industry. The CPO seal of approval is assurance to commercial pool and spa owners that their facilities and guests are under the care and supervision of a trained professional. Participants are trained in the most advanced techniques of chemical treatment, filtration, and mechanical system operation and maintenance.
This pool operator training curriculum is academic based. The course is taught by university educators with no bias of commercial pool manufacturers or suppliers.
What is the difference between the 2-Day Classroom Course, and the 1-Day Fusion Training?
Our 2-Day Classroom Course is the traditional CPO experience. Our instructors will lead participants through the CPO curriculum in a dynamic classroom environment. Students will have time to interact and engage with the instructor throughout both days with additional time for one-on-one instruction.
With the 1-Day Fusion Training, classroom time is cut in half to accommodate busy schedules. Upon registration, students are provided an access code to the Pool Operator Primer online training. After successful completion of the 8-10 hour Primer Couse, Fusion students are well prepared for successful completion of the CPO examination. Participants only need to attend the second day of their selected classroom course. There they review content in the morning and take the CPO examination in the afternoon.
Who Should Attend this Course?
- Pool Managers
- Facility Engineers
- Club Managers
- Hotel and Motel Engineering Staff
- Housekeeping Staff
- Seasonal Aquatic Staff
- Recreation Facility Managers
- Public Health Department Sanitarians
- Planning to build or renovate a pool? You will find this course extremely valuable.
Why Should You be Certified?
- States and municipalities are constantly editing and/or revising their pool/spa operating codes; pool operators are expected to know this information.
- Older pools are less efficient, creating a challenge for skilled operators to maintain and operate with limited funds and resources.
- New pools with unique design features require specialized operation and maintenance practices.
- The growing number of water parks, swimming pools, spas, and fountains has increased the need for professionally trained operators who have technical knowledge.
- Rapid advances in technology require the constant updating of operator knowledge and skill.
- Good training can result in the efficient operation of your facility, saving thousands of budget dollars.
What is Our Experience?
We have been offering this training since 1986. The course is designed to offer a practical learning experience that will personally benefit you.
OUR GUARANTEE: If you are not completely satisfied, your registration fee will be fully refunded. Contact us for a list of satisfied participants.